Business cards are easy to ignore in the digital age, but they are still an incredibly useful way to convey information when the situation arises. Unfortunately, many small business owners can’t afford to hire a designer and pay a professional to print them.
As a result, today we are going to show you how to make your own business cards in Word so that you can print them at home with minimal cost.
The truth is, with social media and available websites, your business cards don’t have to be flashy. A simple piece of map with your website, social networks and phone number is enough to get your foot in the door.
Create your own business cards in Word!
As a result, you don’t really need expensive software like Adobe Photoshop or Illustrator to create your own business cards. There are various Word business card templates that are built directly into Microsoft software. You can even create one from scratch quite easily, so we’re going to show you both methods today:
How to use a Microsoft Word business card template
Business card templates for Word are available directly in the app from Microsoft’s searchable online library. With a quick search, you can access over 30 Microsoft Word business card templates for free. Here’s how:
- Open Word and click the “More Templates” button on the home screen
- Type “Business Card” in the search field
- Click on a model you like from the list
We chose the “Flower Personal Business Card” template because it is succinct and easy to personalize. This Microsoft Word business card template has 10 per page which is the perfect amount for us.
- Press “Create” on the model’s flying screen
- Delete the image by clicking on it and pressing your “Delete” key
- Open the “Insert” tab in your ribbon and click on “Pictures> This device …”
- Navigate to your logo image and press “Insert”
- Adjust the dimensions of the image by dragging its bounding box
- Drag on “Your name” to highlight it and type your name
As you type, “Your name” will automatically be replaced.
- Click and drag on your name to highlight it
- Tap the font color icon in the “Home” tab and choose a shade that suits you
- Highlight the rest of the text in the template and personalize it with your information
- Highlight your name text again and tap the font drop-down in the home tab to change its font
- Print and Cut Your Personalized Word Business Card Template
Remember to save the file as well so that you can print more later if needed.
How to make business cards in Word from scratch
If you prefer to create a fully personalized business card in Word, you can use the table feature and some creative formatting to do it. One advantage of this method is that you will have a well-defined border to cut out after you print them.
Here’s how to do it:
- Open Word and create a new blank document
- Open the “Layout” tab in your ribbon and press “Margins> Custom Margins …”
You will find the “Margins” button on the far left of your ribbon.
- In the Page Setup window, click on the “Margins” tab and adjust your top and bottom margins to 0.25
hurry “OKAY” when you are done.
- Open the “Insert” tab in your ribbon and click on “Table” on the left side
In the table selector, create a 2 × 5 grid. Click on the second square of the fifth row down to do so.
- Highlight your new table, right click and change its formatting
First, tap the Center icon, under your font picker, and then click “Table properties. “ from the context menu.
- Open the “Table” tab and click on the “Center” alignment button
- Open the tab “Cell” and check “Preferred width”, then set it to 3.25
- Open the “Line” tab, check “Specify height” and type 2 ″
hurry “OKAY” when you are done adjusting the table formatting.
- Insert an image in the first cell of your table
To do this, open the “Insert” tab in your ribbon, and then click “Pictures> This device. “
- Navigate to your logo image and press “Insert”
- Click on the image, then tap the layout icon at the top right and select “Up and Down”
You also need to resize your image so that it fits perfectly in your table cell.
- Type your name, address and other details under the logo and highlight your name
- In the “Home” ribbon tab, click on the drop-down list of fonts and choose a font for your name
- Adjust the font size to 16 points
You will find the size picker next to the font drop-down list.
- Optional: change your font color
The font color button is located just below and looks like an “A” with a line below.
- Highlight and edit the information under the name
- Select everything in the cell and press “Ctrl + C” on your keyboard
- Press “Ctrl + V” to paste it into the next cell
- Repeat the process for each cell
How to merge and split tables and cells
That ends this tutorial on How to Make Your Own Business Cards in Word, but you might be interested to learn what else you can do with Microsoft’s processing software. Our existing tutorial will show you how to merge and split tables, which can come in handy when creating business cards.
How to merge Word documents
If you have existing business cards that you want to merge into the same document, you can do that as well. Just follow our guide to merging Word documents.